As the weather gets warmer and the days longer, it’s the perfect time to ramp up your exercise routine and healthy eating habits. If you’ve been in a winter rut, try these spring cleaning tips for body and mind.
5 tips to spring into spring:
- Switch up your workouts by moving them outdoors -- even if just for a brisk warm-up walk. It’s good for the body and soul to get some fresh air and sunshine. Don’t focus on it as a workout. Just go out and enjoy the sights and sounds of spring as a mood booster.
- Get re-focused. Now is the perfect time to set specific goals for your workouts and diet. Spring represents a fresh start, right? But without a plan, we won’t be able to make lasting changes. Write down something concrete. Maybe even train for an event this summer. Sign up right away before you have time to talk yourself out of it.
- Try something fresh and seasonal. A visit to one of the area’s many farmers’ markets is the perfect way to kick-start your healthy eating routine. Ask the stand holders about the best local options.
- Pull out your spring and summer clothes from last year and make sure they still fit after the long winter months. If they don’t, even more reason to kick it into high gear. And don’t beat yourself up if you’ve put on a few pounds. Just start moving forward as quickly as possible.
- Find support anywhere and everywhere. Surround yourself with people who buy into your healthy lifestyle. Meet up with someone for a walk, hike, or bike ride. Join a club, either online or in person. Find someone who will go with you to the gym or try a group class. Fitness is more fun with friends. Lancaster General Health offers a variety of classes to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Here’s to a healthy spring!